Most of us try to put our best foot forward for important events ~ a job interview, a big date, a special occasion, but what if we viewed every day as a chance to be our very best?
It’s not about perfection. It’s about intention. It’s about showing respect for ourselves, our family, friends, co-workers, and even strangers. It’s about shining our light as brightly as we can each and every day.
1. Think Lovely Thoughts ~ We have a choice to dwell on the negative or the positive in life. Remember this quote from Roald Dahl, “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely!”
2. Be Well-Groomed ~ Take time to keep hair, skin, teeth, and nails clean and healthy, but please don’t fret about imperfections. People notice a joy-filled heart over a blemish, a wrinkle, or a bad hair day.
3. Wear Something Lovely ~ We have to get dressed, so we may as well wear things that makes us feel beautiful every single day.
4. Make Eye Contact ~ Looking people in the eye shows we value them and what they have to say. If this seems uncomfortable, try looking at their chin or forehead.
5. Have Good Posture ~ Slouching is a bad habit that can make us look sloppy and bored. Practice sitting, standing, and walking with confidence and grace.
6. T.H.I.N.K. Before Speaking (or Typing) ~ Is it True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, and Kind? If not, leave it unsaid. Even when it seems everyone else is slinging clever insults and witty sarcasm, let’s be nice.
7. Be Aware of Body Language ~ Our foot-tapping, eye-rolling, arm-crossing, and frowning is speaking louder than words. Keep body language pleasant and kind.
8. Smile ~ A sincere smile can make another person’s day, and research shows it lifts our own spirits, too. Besides, we’re never fully dressed without it.
9. Mind Our Manners ~ We know not to slurp, burp, or interrupt. We need only to slow down and be mindful that our words and actions are courteous and polite.
10. Shine Those Shoes ~ When putting our best foot forward, don’t underestimate the importance of shoes. Cinderella taught us the right pair can make all the difference.
“Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Think On These Things ~ Alicia
And by the way……. I absolutely LOVE your new home page!!!!!!!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person