I am tragically unhip. Fads are gone before I know they arrived, but there is a trend in cooking that I have embraced ~ sheet pan dinners! Maybe they will go the way of fondue and Jiffy Pop, but I love them for three reasons ~ they’re easy, healthy, and delicious.
The concept is simple ~ load up a baking sheet with fresh veggies and lean meat tossed in yummy spices, cook for a half an hour or so, and dinner is served. Clean-up couldn’t be easier, especially if you use foil. You can find hundreds of recipes for sheet pan meals on Pinterest, or just do a Google search.
So far I’ve made Garlic-Parmesan Veggies with Chicken Sausage, Mini-Turkey Meatloaves with Green Beans and Rosemary Potatoes, and Chicken Fajitas. Here’s the gist of a recipe I found on Pinterest from Cooking Classy.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas ~
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- sliced red, yellow, and orange bell peppers
- sliced medium onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp each of paprika, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper (or whatever seasonings you like)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Garnishes of your choice – lime, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, or use cooking spray
- Put veggies and chicken in a bowl and coat with olive oil and seasonings (You can skip the bowl, and toss directly on baking sheet.)
- Spread it all evenly on the baking sheet
- Cook until chicken is done, 20-25 minutes
- Heat tortillas in microwave or oven
- Plate, garnish, enjoy!
Think On These (Yummy) Things ~ Alicia