Do you ever feel like you woke up far, far from home ~ where all the world is a hopeless jumble and the raindrops tumble all around? We feel ‘ya, girl.
Growing incivility, rude and crude behavior, the sassy, trashy, and not-very-classy can make us long for a mythical place where trouble melts like lemon drops away above the chimney tops.
We can sit around and gripe about things we can’t control (evil witches, flying monkeys, illusory wizards and the like) or we can click our heels and get to work making a difference where we can. As Glinda reminded Dorothy, “You are capable of more than you know.”
With all the heart, brains, and courage we already possess, there is so much we can do to positively influence our lives and the lives of those around us. As women, we have enormous power to bring wisdom and goodness to our personal lives, our families, our inner circles, and the world.
Look around at the strong and kind women among us ~ the Auntie Ems, Glindas, and Dorothys of the world. And you! Thank you for joining us as we focus on bringing beauty and grace to these areas of our lives ~
- inner peace & well-being
- appearance & presentation
- home & hospitality
- relationships & interactions
- work & personal pursuits
- community & service
As we share our thoughts through our blog, books, and social media, please make comments, suggestions, and tell us more about you. Here are few fun facts about us ~
- We’re both the oldest of three sisters.
- When we met, Natalie was a first-year middle school teacher, and Alicia was starting her twentieth year.
- Our favorite colors are red, white, and blue.
- We’re a little obsessed with Audrey Hepburn, Julie Andrews, and Kate Middleton.
- Fresh flowers, good manners, warm cookies, and kind gestures fill us with inspiration.
- A few of our favorite movies are Roman Holiday, High Society, White Christmas, and of course, The Wizard of Oz.
“You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” ~Glinda the Good Witch
Think On These Things ~ Alicia & Natalie