Alicia and Natalie believe busy women, like us, have immeasurable power to make life lovelier for ourselves, our families, our inner circles, and the world by learning to live with an elevated attention to beauty and grace.
At Natalie’s urging, we started this blog on the first day of spring in 2016. In September, we published our first book Lessons in Loveliness ~ Learning to Live a Lovely Life.
Ten Fun Facts About Alicia and Natalie ~
- We are each happily married to our best friend.
- We are both middle school language arts and social studies teachers.
- When we met, Natalie was a first-year teacher, and Alicia was starting her 20th year.
- Between us, we have a total of seven children and one grandchild.
- Our favorite colors are red, white, and blue.
- We’re both the oldest of three sisters.
- We’re a little obsessed with Audrey Hepburn, Julie Andrews, and Kate Middleton.
- A few of our favorite movies are Roman Holiday, High Society, and White Christmas (any time of the year).
- We love dressing up and going to the museum, theatre, symphony, or ballet.
- Our favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4:8 ~ “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
A Little More About Alicia ~ I am a fifty-something retired teacher who lives with my husband in Carmel, Indiana. We are empty-nesters and homebodies who enjoy a life filled with simple pleasures.
A Little More About Natalie ~ I am thirty-something middle school teacher who lives in Swansea, Illinois. I am a busy mom of of three young children. I’m grateful for this busy, chaotic life.